JOB DESCRIPTION POSITION: Business Development Executive
RESPONSIBLE TO: Directors
SALARY: Dependent on Experience (Circa £35,000) This is offered as a freelance position.
VIEWdigital – Independent Publisher of social affairs journalism in VIEW magazine and the VIEWdigital news site. Thousands of readers see VIEW magazine in digital and print editions in libraries and on their smartphones or laptops and follow us on social media.
OUR PURPOSE AND VISION – VIEWdigital highlights social justice issues, champions community initiatives and provides independent quality journalism on social affairs.
JOB OPPORTUNITY – An outstanding, newly-created opportunity exists for a Business Development Executive to join VIEWdigital media based in Belfast.
If you have experience in Publishing and Media and are brilliant at Revenue Generation and Relationship Building, the VIEWdigital team would like to hear from you.
• Effectively manage sales pipeline activity in line with the VIEWdigital Implementation Framework
• Develop and Manage relationships with sponsors
• Grow VIEWdigital membership and benefits package for supporters
• Create a subscription scheme and benefits package for readers
• Proven Record of Revenue Generation in Publishing and Media Businesses
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to act on own initiative, as well as work as part of a team
• The ability to negotiate, persuade and influence
• Highly organised and efficient with ability to handle a busy workload, meet tight deadlines and prioritise effectively
• Experience in building and maintaining customer relationships and business partnerships
• IT literacy – Word, Excel and Powerpoint specifically – for proposals, and presentations
• Well-developed customer service skills
• Driving license and access to own car insured for business use
• An understanding of independent publishing, community media and social affairs journalism
• An established business network